Yes, this does include the new 2024 conference alignments. This table shows how the conferences compare in overall talent level. The lower number the better under each year. Green indicates a talent increase. Red indicates a talent decrease.
2024 WRC and Conference Talent Level
- The SEC is still the most talented conference by a gigantic margin and that margin is growing.
- The SEC still has a monstrous net increase of 16.4 since the SEC Takeover of 2006.
- The Big 10 had increased its overall talent level in 8 straight years before the drop the past two years.
- The Pac 12 is down to two teams, so I did not include them this year.
- The SEC Takeover of 2006 immediately hurt the ACC and they have not gotten back to the talent level they had right after they added Miami and Virginia Tech.
- The Big 12 has been trending down in talent level for 9 years.