Here’s how this works in a nutshell. I took the Rivals and 247 Rankings for the past 5 years and combined them together to get an average ranking between the two services for each year. Then I weighted those averages based on the percentage of each class that typically comprises a two deep:
- First Year players (FR) count as 10% of the two deep.
- Second Year players (FR*, SO) count as 22% of the two deep.
- Third Year players (SO*, JR) count as 23% of the two deep.
- Fourth Year players (JR*, SR) count as 27% of the two deep.
- Fifth Year players (SR*, GR) count as 18% of the two deep.
A green colored square indicates an increase in talent level from the previous year. A red colored square indicates a decrease in talent level from the previous year.